Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Experimenting with Sprout

I recently came across Sprout, an online tool for making Flashy interactive presentations. I tried my hand at a photo gallery and found it both easy to use and unexpectedly broad in terms of what you can do with it. If you put in some time, you could make some snazzy presentations. Compared to learning how to use Flash itself (which I'm also in the process of doing), this was a walk in the park. The only downside I encountered was that photos had to be 1MB or less. In this day and age, that's asking a lot. I got around it by uploading the photos to Webshots first and linking to them, which worked fine, but was a bit tedious.

My finished product is below. Aside from showing the capabilities of Sprout, I hope it will serve as a gentle-yet-realistic reminder and pick-me-up to fellow Cubs fans, considering the Cubs have now started the season at 0-2.



Click here for the non-resized version.

No comments:

Google