Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Site Discovery: Covering the Mouse

For me, the world of RSS feeds is a vicious cycle of unread information. I'm always finding new sites that I immediately subscribe to, but every time I log into my Google Reader, I'm taunted by the bold blue 1,000+, indicating that I have an impossible amount of catching up to do.

Nevertheless, I have found another cool Web site and I thought I would share it. This one comes from my brother, my family's avowed Disney fanatic.

The site is called Covering the Mouse and it features a new cover version of a Disney musical classic on an almost daily basis, so it's great feed reading material. The best part is that you can hear the entire song, and--if you know where to look in the site's source code--you can grab the file for future enjoyment.

Not all of the tracks are fantastic and some of them--like any cover version of a popular song--are only worth hearing to satisfy your morbid curiosity or because the recordings are so rare. Covering the Mouse is definitely worth a look though, and I found a few gems while trolling the site last night:

Chim-Chim-Cher-ee
from Mary Poppins
Performed by Louis Armstrong


Under the Sea
from The Little Mermaid
Performed by The Suburban Legends


Grim Grinning Ghosts
from The Haunted Mansion
Performed by Barenaked Ladies

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i also get sad when i have 50+ unread items. that's when i indiscriminately press "mark all as read"

Unknown said...

Yeah, I can't believe you let it get that high. I have fits when it breaks 200. And while I appreciate the hat tip, I think you actually introduced me to this site months ago.

Google