Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We Three Kings: The Wolverine Version!

I was surfing the Windy Citizen today and came across a post entitled Five Christmas Songs to Make You Want to Shoot Yourself. The last song on the list is a true rarity--a version of We Three Kings astonishingly performed by Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman and two other Aussie performers.

Far from making me want to shoot myself, I find the video so misbegotten, unexpected and strange that it's actually very amusing. When is this from? Why was it made? And what's become of that giant "Merry Christmas" sign hanging above the orchestra? Honestly, the more I watched it, the more I liked the way they sing the song. So I used Zamzar to rip myself a copy of the audio and it will take a place of honor on my next Christmas mix cd. Though it probably won't be the same without seeing their synchronized arm gestures on every "WESTward leading" chorus. What fantastic choreography!



(Incidentally, check out the trailer for the new Wolverine movie. It looks like they're finally getting him right and I can't wait!)

No comments:

Google