Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dispatches from Doha: Day 3

Well, I guess I didn't have much time for blogging on this trip after all. It's been a whirlwind three days in Doha and I'm still processing it all. I think this is going to be one of those experiences that feels like a distant memory as soon as I'm back in the States.

Right now it's 1:30 a.m. in Qatar and I have to be on a bus to the airport at 5:30 a.m. To sleep or not to sleep? That is the question. I guess I'll answer that question after I finish re-packing all my stuff.

Until I have some time to compose actual thoughts on the experience, I will leave you with a few random items of note:
  1. Apparently Pandora doesn't work in foreign countries, due to licensing issues. I'd really like to listen to some music while I pack, but now I'm at a loss!
  2. While checking my e-mail in the Ritz-Carlton's Business Center a few days ago, I heard a familiar song playing over the hotel loudspeaker--the theme song from the 1970s sitcom Taxi. But it was about six minutes long.
  3. While driving around the chaotic traffic circles and construction zones that constitute the main streets of the city, I saw a construction sign along the lines of those "Give 'Em A Brake" signs that urge drivers to slow down. This particular sign had a row of four construction workers in yellow helmets across the top, with a simple message below:
Don't Kill Us. We Are At Work.

I'd really like that one for my office.

1 comment:

B said...

You could have VPN'ed to NU to listen to Pandora.
Next time, I guess.

Google