Thursday, March 19, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

...Don't know how I'll kill 12.5 hours up there. My bags aren't packed yet, but in less than 24 hours, I will be en route to Doha, Qatar.

I've spent the afternoon packing up all the technology that I'm taking with me and it's kind of a ridiculous list:
  • 1 MacBook Pro and associated cords
  • 1 Sony HDV Handycam and associated cords
  • 1 lavaliere microphone
  • 1 shotgun microphone
  • 3 Handycam battery packs
  • 10 Mini-DV tapes
  • 1 iPod loaded with all the music I could find
  • 1 Digital Camera
  • 4 AA batteries
  • 1 Vado HD hand-held camcorder
Maybe I'll just open Doha's first Best Buy when I get there. Or do they already have Best Buy in Doha? These are the questions I will seek to answer.

On that note, I should probably start packing the other essentials, like my swim trunks. I'm not sure how frequently I'll be blogging on this site while I'm in Qatar, but I will surely be contributing to the official Northwestern Qatari Adventure Blog (with photos and video, too!), so follow along here. Feel free to comment, but keep it clean! ;-)

If anyone needs me, I'll be 7,000 miles and 9 time zones away from home!

UPDATE:
I just found a YouTube video of a virtual tour of the plane I'll be taking to Doha. After seeing all the legroom and watching the seat fold into a bed, maybe it won't be that hard to spend 12 hours up there after all...

No comments:

Google